Pages

17 September 2013

Speech Finals


Today three Year 7 students (Hannah, Jasmine and Jago) and three Year 8 students (Molly, Juliet and Alex) competed in our school speech finals.  All six students put in a lot of time and effort to refine and learn their speeches - this made it especially difficult for the judges!  After some intense discussion, the judges named Molly as the winner of the Year 8 competition.  Jago and Hannah were first equal in the Year 7 competition!  These two will spend the week making some wee changes to their speeches and present them again next week.  Good luck!  Molly and the Year 7 winner will represent our school at the Interschool competition held at the beginning of next term.

13 comments:

  1. I was so happy just to get through to the year 8 finals and although Molly won I am proud of what I have accomplished. Congratulations to Molly for winning the year 8 round. It's going to be hard for the judges to pick either Jago or Hannah, because they were both so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really nervous about my speech and missed out quite a few sentences!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck guys I hope you all win.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A huge congrats to those who got picked for the finals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work everybody, can't wait to see who will win out of Jago and Hannah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done all of you- it takes confidence and practice to deliver a great speech.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, I can't believe I came first equal with you Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work all of you,it is difficult to talk in front of lots of people. Well done Molly and good luck to Hannah and Jago, may the best speech win.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see if Jago or I win. Jago has a great speech!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done guys, presenting speeches is a pretty scary thing to do in front of loads of people!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to see who wins out of Hannah and Jago! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All the speeches were well written and presented. Congratulations to Molly and whoever wins the year seven speech. Good luck for the interschool competition.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Hannah on winning the speech competition for year 7, I bet it was a tough competition.

    ReplyDelete