Pages

03 March 2018

L4 Swimming

On Friday, we traveled to the Makino Pool to be 'tested' on our swimming skills.  This assessment is all about our technique, and our ability to swim certain distances.  It is not about speed!  At our level, the expectations are pretty high, and we were tested on the following:

  • 100m freestyle
  • 100m backstroke
  • 100m breaststroke
  • 50m sidestroke
  • diving
  • floating on our backs for 3 minutes
  • treading water for 3 minutes
  • swimming 50m in our clothes

It was fantastic to see everyone trying their very best - well done team!  After our assessments, we had a bit of time for some crazy fun in the diving pool...


13 comments:

  1. Fun!!!! You gues are probably the luckyist class in the whole school!!!!!!! I wish I was in that class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!i bet you want to go again, if i was in your class i wound want to go again and again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed jumping off the boards and swimming in our clothes. My favourite part was diving into the diving pool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed the L4 assessment, especially jumping of the diving board!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was really fun. I loved jumping of the top diving it was so awesome. And it looks trippy when you do a back flip with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a great day! I really enjoyed jumping off the diving board. Nice facials Mitchell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jumping off the diving board was so fun. The Go Pro footage is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!! You guys are so brave jumping off high diving boards like that and I think that you are very lucky to go to the diving boards at the LIDO!!!!!! Plus Your recording was amazing it almost felt like I was there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed the L4 swimming. I think I did quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it looked fun as too bad I be could not be there

    ReplyDelete
  11. The L4 swimming was fun my favorite part was jumping off the diving boards some of the facials were really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish i could jump off that board.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks fun but everyone with your mouths open drank some manky water

    ReplyDelete