Pages

31 January 2014

Bus Monitors

Today our bus monitors spent some time with Constable Cree, from the Feilding Police.  She came along to talk about how to keep the students on the bus safe and what to do in lots of 'what if...' situations.  Afterwards, the bus monitors made a list of key things they discussed:
  • If someone is trapped after a crash, it is better not to move them.
  • In an earthquake, don't get out of the bus.
  • Don't talk to or distract the driver while he is driving.
  • Ask responsible senior students to walk down the road to warn traffic if there has been a crash or flat tyre.
  • Bus monitors can sit at the back of the bus to get a better view.
  • In a crash, evacuate the students (if possible) to a nearby paddock with no bulls about 100-200m from the bus.  Use the drivers phone to dial 111 or go to the nearest house.

4 comments:

  1. This talk really helped me learn how important this job is! It was great to learn what to really do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great talk, I learnt much more than what I knew already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hearing from the police officer was a really good experience. Now I know what to do on the bus if there is an accident.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jade ( The Room 4 one )February 14, 2014 at 4:57 PM

    When I am a year 8 or year 7 I hope I get to be a bus monitor.

    ReplyDelete