Pages

28 February 2014

Level 4 Swimming Assessment

After weeks of training, today was the big day - the day of our swimming assessment.  We travelled to the Makino Pool in Feilding and were tested on the following:
  • 100m freestyle
  • 100m backstroke
  • 50m breaststroke
  • 50m sidestroke
  • 200m non-stop (any stroke)
  • 50m fully clothed (this was interesting!)
  • tread water for 3 minutes
  • float on back for 3 minutes
  • diving

Congratulations Room 6!  You can be really proud of your efforts, we know it was exhausting!  Hopefully you'll never have to use these skills to survive, but if you do, you'll be able to handle it.  After our assessment, we had loads of fun in the diving pool!

13 comments:

  1. Well done Room 6.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going on the diving board was so fun, and I can't believe I went on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like some awesome pictures you should see the pool down here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love jumping off diving boards, so I was so happy when we got to jump on the one over there because I did a epic jump!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked jumping off the little diving board, but hated jumping off the big one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved going on the diving board and doing different poses when I jumped. At first I thought that I was going to fall off when I was at the edge of the diving board.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The level four assessment was really fun and I think it was a great way to spend our afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved going on the diving board. I tried to do a foward flip on the top diving board but I failed. OUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed the level 4 swimming assessment, my biggest achivements were swimming 200m and treading water for 3 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The level 4 swimming was really hard. I really like jumping off the diving board!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was an awesome time! The high diving borad was so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jumping off the diving board was awesome. Looks like we took some awesome photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really liked jumping off the diving board because you could try to touch the bottom of the pool. Unfortunately Cody didn't look before he jumped, so he landed right on top of me. I got a big bump on my side and my arm. Poor me!

    ReplyDelete