Pages

21 March 2014

Swimming Sports

Today we finally held our Senior Swimming Sports!  We still managed to get through our usual list of events, even though we held the races inside.  We were all a bit nervous before our races, but relaxed once we got started.  Congratulations to all students - it has been awesome to watch your swimming skills improve over the last seven weeks!

A special congratulations to our swimming champions for 2014:

Senior Girls:
1st - Ffion
2nd - Jade
3rd - Hannah

Senior Boys:
1st - Jago
2nd - Cody
3rd - Blair

Winner of Barnett Cup: (fastest 50m swimmer in the school)
Ffion

House Relays:
1st - Matai
2nd - Rimu
3rd - Totara
4th - Kauri

Overall House Points:
1st - Matai
2nd - Kauri
3rd - Rimu
4th - Totara
 
 
After the sports had finished, we had time for a quick free swim!
 


18 comments:

  1. Well done to everyone who swam today. You are all great swimmers. Congratulations to those who came 1st, 2nd and 3rd also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that swimming sports was really fun because we got a free swim at the end. I didn't win any races but I didnt mind, because it was fun to particapate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The swimming sports was so fun because I came 1st in some races and 2nd and 3rd in others. It was a awsome day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone did an awesome job at swimming sports. Congratulations to the people who won their races.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed swimming sports, because I got a first place in one of my races.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like swimming in all my races and liked watching other races.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done everyone! We all swam very well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Swimming sports was awesome. We all tried our best to get places in our races.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The swimming sports was really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed swimming, because we got a free swim at the end and the swimming sports was a good workout.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done Matai. You all did great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A little late but well done to everyone, I thought you all did an awesome job. Congratulations to everyone who made places but also to those of you that just did your best by competing. Not everything we do in life comes easy but by trying your hardest shows awesome spirit and attitude. Well done Room 6.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like fun!! I will be racing against other schools next week, wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck Brett hope you have heaps of fun.

      Delete
  14. I loved competing in the swimming sports. Everybody did great and it was really fun. Congratulations Ffion, you came first in all your races.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow that was fun and exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Swimming Sports was so much fun but it was unfortunate that Kauri got disqualified in the house relays.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Swimming sports was awesome. I can't believe I came first in all my events.

    ReplyDelete