Pages

06 June 2014

Cinquain Poems

We've been writing poetry!  Cinquain poems to be exact.  We learnt about the specific format for writing these poems - there are rules about the number of words you're allowed to use in each line.  Check out these great examples:

Polar bears
Strong, magical
Scrambling up ice
They are magnificent creatures
Snow bear
(Tammy)
 
 
Set-Nets
Death machine
Suffering and drowning
I HATE these nets
By-Catch
(Sophie)
 
 
Rubbish
Yuck, disgusting
In the sea
Sad, worried, angry, disgusted
Litter
(Luke)
 
 
Turtles
They’re endangered
They need help
Feeling sorry for them
Animal
(Quaid)

8 comments:

  1. I loved doing these poems, but the only thing was what we wrote about. I truly dislike set-nets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These poems are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these poems ,because they are easy to make and you can write about more than one thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked doing Cinquain poetry and found it very challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some amazing poems guys, I hope you are all proud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! These poems are amazing. Nice words Tammy, I like how you said they are strong and magical.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These poems sound awesome guys, but I don't like how these animals are suffering, because of by-catch and over-fishing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was fun writing cinquain poems. I had some trouble but Miss Simpson helped me.

    ReplyDelete