Pages

16 September 2014

Services Day



Today we held a massively successful Services Day!  We had put a lot of work into making sure our activities were going to ooze awesomeness!  Almost everything went according to plan and we had heaps of fun. Congratulations Room 6 - you did a great job today!  You can read our blogs to find out more about how our activities went.  Thank you to the parents who helped with everything from teaching their child how to make playdough, to providing ingredients, to offering ideas on how to run a successful activity.  A special thank you to Mrs Bennett, who supervised the cooking!

Here are a few highlights as well as a summary of the feedback we were given:

Cooking:  Jorja & Olivia

  • A highlight was getting to eat the food!  Cameron
  • I think Jorja and Olivia were great at giving instructions!  Alyssa
  • My highlight was eating the mixture.  Thank you for letting us have fun while cooking!  Jessie



Drawing:  Jade & Tammy
  • Jade and Tammy were very organised.  Zoe
  • Thank you, you did well!  Alyssa
  • My favourite part was when we learnt to draw a dragon.  Heather



Gymnastics:  Ffion, Hannah & De Quante
  • I really enjoyed learning about handstands!  Leah
  • I liked learning how to do cartwheels.  Anna
  • The best part was when Hannah taught me how to do walkovers.  Grace



Animations:  Jago, Joshua & Darian
  • This was one of the best days of my life!  Ash
  • Jago was a good 'teacher'.  Jack
  • I enjoyed making the movie and setting up the scenes.  Isaac



Drama:  Jasmine, Danielle & Ashley
  • My favourite thing was that we could do comedy or mime and could write our own scripts.  Jade
  • I thought it was fun and they were well prepared.  Emma
  • If we made a mistake, our 'teachers' helped us.  Aaliyah



Graffiti:  Jordan & Trevor
  • My favourite thing was learning to use the graffiti programme.  Kai
  • I enjoyed every part of this class.  Tyler
  • My favourite part was how we could write what we wanted!  Ben



Chess:  Blair & Luke
  • I enjoyed learning about the moves the pawn can do.  Levi
  • I learnt how to put an opponent into check.  Blake
  • I enjoyed playing a game of chess with Blair.  Sinead



Sculptures:  Victoria & Sophie
  • The big eyes we used for the penguins made them look hilarious!  Azi
  • My favourite activity was doing the 5 minute challenge.  Emma
  • My highlight was making the penguins.  Fritha



Sketching:  Cody & Madison
  • I enjoyed drawing batman.  I've never been good at drawing, but now I am.  Logan
  • My favourite part was when we got to draw the dragon, because it was challenging.  Seth
  • I really enjoyed drawing batman and the dragon.  It was really fun!  Lydia



Unfortunately, the car washing group had to postpone their activity due to bad weather.  Hopefully they will be able to get the job done soon!

We completed a PMI (plus/minus/interesting) chart after our activities:


3 comments:

  1. How Awesome!! You're obviously all super talented to be able to teach and share your knowledge. There are many things you've done that I would have happily signed up for so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Services day was so much fun! I don't know how to thank the teachers and room six students (Especialy Olivia and Jorja) for planning an AWESOME day! Thanks guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I would realy want to sign up to all of them! It was so fun. Thanks to Roon6 and Room6 students.

    ReplyDelete