Pages

20 February 2015

Sixtus Lodge



We've returned from an epic three days at Sixtus Lodge!  The weather was magnificent, and we had an awesome time participating in loads of challenges and activities including, a tech challenge, R6 survivor, boat races, swimming, dam building, cricket, longball, exploring Cone Creek, leap frog, human towers, hut building, spotlight and class speeches.

This has helped us to learn more about each other, develop new skills and try new things.  We did a lot of talking about role models and leaders, and started to think about our goals for 2015.  

Thank you to all the parents who did baking, made shepherds pie, provided transport and stayed with us at the lodge.  Your support is greatly appreciated!


11 comments:

  1. Those are really cool photos. Sixtus Lodge was so much fun, I had a really great time there. One of my favourite parts was the human pyramid challenge. My group was the first to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camp was awesome! I had a great time with everyone and I enjoyed making the rock tower with Seth, Tyler, Jensen and Jorja. Our record was 23 rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Looks like you guys had heaps of fun at camp! I still remember how freezing that water was!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jasmine! Thanks for the comment. Hope life at high school is going well. I'm sure the water was a little warmer than last year, even I got in (and you know what a big sook I am!)

      Delete
  4. That camp was AMAZING, I really enjoyed it Miss Simpson. My favourite part of camp was when we played none stop cricket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Camp was really fun this year. It brang back memories from last year when we went. My highlight was bowling Miss Simpson out in cricket. I had an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an excellent bowl Madison, very impressive! I never had a chance!

      Delete
  6. I still can't believe I broke my wrist when I fell backwards of the human pyramid and didn't know until two days latter! It was annoying when Josh and I had to stop our competition to see who could stand in the freezing water for the longest without moving around just for a class photo! If we didn't have to get out I think we would have been standing there for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Camp certainly looks like fun - that must be why Jack didn't notice his sore wrist until he got home! Thanks Miss Simpson for organising this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait till I get to go to Sixtus Lodge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sixtus Lodge looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete