Pages

13 February 2015

Special Visitor



Today we had a visit from Sergeant Smith - Bethany's dad.  He is a mechanic in the airforce, working with the Seasprite helicoptor, which is aboard one of New Zealand's warships, Te Kaha.  Here is a picture of the Te Kaha, and the helicoptor:




Sergeant Smith is about to set off on a six month mission around the world.  A big part of this will involve a trip to ANZAC Cove in Gallipoli for the 100th anniversary of the famous battle.  We learnt a little bit about what life is like aboard Te Kaha and we had the opportunity to ask lots of questions. Thanks Sergeant Smith, all the best for your travels!

2 comments:

  1. I am still not very happy that my dad didn't tell me that he was coming in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Mr Smith come in and talk about the air force and what he does. I would love to go into the air force when I'm older. I wonder if they still fly jets these days.

    ReplyDelete