Pages

16 June 2015

National Young Leaders Day

Today Sophie, Jorja, Madison and Ffion attended the National Young Leaders Day in Palmerston North.  They will tell you a lot more about the speakers and what they learnt, but in the meantime, here is a quick look at who the guest speakers were:

William Pike
Lost his leg after being caught in an eruption on Mount Ruapehu.



Chris Jupp
Is one of the managers of the New Zealand 40 Hour Famine campaign.



Marcus Winter
The amazing 'Sand Man'.



Paul Blackwell
Owner of the New Zealand Breakers basketball team.



Jamie McDell
New Zealand musician.



Phoenix Pule'anga
This 17 year old is one of the best hip hop dancers in New Zealand.

6 comments:

  1. I hope you four girls had fun learning about all these important people! I can't wait to read more about this in the newsletter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Young Leaders Day! It was awesome to hear everyone's stories on how they got where they are now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great experience going to the Young Leaders Conference. I learnt a lot that day and I really connected most with Marcus Winter, because we both enjoy art and write slow. I hope to be a great leader like them in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed NYLD, it was a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Young Leaders looks cool, I wish I'd got to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved going to NYLD! It was a really awesome experience and I learnt lots of important life values.

    ReplyDelete