Pages

28 August 2015

The Gone Series

Over the past few weeks, Emma and Jade have completed a massive reading exercise - they have read the entire Gone series - more than 3000 pages!  Both Emma and Jade were instantly hooked and had to keep reading to find out what happened next.  Here is what they had to say about it:

Emma - I really liked the series, because it was futuristic and couldn't happen in real life.  But, it still felt like it was real.  I rate this series 9.5/10.  My favourite character was Brianna and I was really sad when she died.  I would recommend this book to older readers, because parts of it are very violent and disturbing and a mature mind is needed to understand things that happen.

Jade - The author, Michael Grant, goes into great detail to describe what is happening in the story.  This was particularly obvious in 'Hunger' and 'Plague', where characters in the book were killed in gruesome ways.  I would rate this series 10/10 - it is my favourite series - even better than the Hunger Games and Divergent trilogies.  I agree with Emma, this series is not for the faint hearted!

Miss Simpson has also read the whole series.  She thinks it's one of the best series she has ever read too, along with the Hunger Games, Henderson Boys and Divergent series (nothing beats the Tomorrow series though!)  Miss Simpson found the content to be quite graphic as terrible things happened to many of the characters.  She doesn't usually like the sci-fi genre, but somehow became hooked into these books anyway!


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome series. I can't wait to start reading Gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read some of the books, but i can't find the first two books. my favorite character is Quinn.I am looking forward to finishing the series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can not wait to start reading this series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You guys must be experts at reading

    ReplyDelete