Pages

08 June 2016

Special Visitor

Today we had a visit from a real life superstar - Kayla Whitelock from the New Zealand Black Sticks Hockey Team.  Kayla is a New Zealand Olympic Ambassador, and spoke to us about her career and what she hopes to achieve at the Olympics later this year.  It was awesome, thanks Kayla!
  • I enjoyed the presentation Kayla showed us, because I learnt about what the Olympic Village in London looked like - Catherine
  • It was interesting finding out about an athletes life at the Olympics - Jack
  • It looks like representing your country at the Olympics is great fun, and an awesome way to make new friends - Lydia
  • It must be 'great fun' going into the ice baths after a game.  Athletes do this to help them recover and so their muscles don't hurt - Georgia
  • It was really interesting hearing Kayla talk about her training schedule, because it seems like it is pretty hard work!  - Alyssa 
  • I really enjoyed hearing Kayla tell us about what the Olympics is like - Te Ata
  • I enjoyed hearing about the Olympic protocols, the Olympic Village and how you get all the food and drink you want FOR FREE! - Jensen
  • I liked watching the presentation Kayla showed us.  I also thought it was cool hearing about her experiences at the Olympics - Willow
  • I thought it was very impressive how Kayla got back up after her knee injury - Emma H
  • It was amazing to see how much passion and dedication Kayla has for playing hockey for the Black Sticks.  I thought she might have scored more than 70 goals though - Greer





No comments:

Post a Comment