Pages

02 May 2020

LOCKDOWN LEARNING - MONDAY


THINGS TO DO:  MONDAY
(got a question?  email me)


1.   Keep working on your maths activities, colouring competition and group reading.

2.   Mark the Country Identification Challenge.  Going by the messages and emails I received over the weekend begging for clues, I know this was a tricky one!




3.   There is no new class challenge today... but it would be really super cool if the 8 kids who didn't do the Dare Challenge on Friday could give it a crack.  Send your videos to me by 6pm tonight.  Thanks to those who have sent in their videos.... very entertaining!  I'll share the whole video with you tomorrow, once I've received the others.


4.   Creative Writing - page 7 of your HLP.  Select THREE sentence starters and write a (very) short story for each.  Each story must be six sentences - no more, no less, including the starter sentence.  Write your stories in your HLB and choose your favourite one to photograph and upload to Seesaw.  You have two days to complete this work.  You are allowed to change the pronouns (that means you can change she to he or his to hers etc).  I had a bit of a go too:

Rule #1: avoid the woman in the strappy, green heels at all costs.  There had been rumours swirling around for years, about whether or not she was actually from Earth.  While no solid evidence had been presented of her true origins, all I know is that people had a habit of disappearing whenever they crossed her path.  I'm 93% sure that her strappy, green heels are magic, and that she uses them to zap people.  My buddy Thomas decided to find out for sure one day, and he snuck into her garden to spy on her.  Minutes later, a bright green flash erupted from her backyard, and Thomas was never seen or heard from again.



5.   To prepare for a challenge we've got coming up, you need to download a tracking app onto a phone, so that you can work out exactly how far you have walked or run.  Even if you have a fitbit, you still need this tech for the challenge.  It doesn't matter what app you use, but two good ones are Strava and Map My Run:




6.   Please start working on the art activity, the paint by numbers of 'A Starry Night'.  You can use coloured pencils, water colours, felts, whatever to complete this art.  You'll notice I've copied it on to fancy paper, so make sure you do a good job.  We're going to display these on the classroom wall, so keep it safe in your CF and bring it back to school.  This needs to be finished by next Monday.  Here is my effort:



No comments:

Post a Comment