Pages

26 November 2013

Athletic Championships

Over the past two days, we have held four events as part of the 2013 Athletic Championships.  Students have the opportunity to sign up to compete in discus, shot put, long jump, high jump and the 100m sprint.  If you place first, second or third, you earn points - the overall winner will be announced at the end-of-year prizegiving (it remains a closely guarded secret till then!) 

A highlight was when Stefan broke the Halcombe School shot put record with a massive throw.  The old record, set in 2000, was 10.05m.  Stefan threw 11.80m - well done and congratulations Stefan!

Here are some photos from today's long jump action:

Photographers:  Hannah and Victoria

3 comments:

  1. I loved long jump today, because I made a new personal best on my first jump. I was annoyed when I tripped on my second jump, because I think I could have gone further otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed being apart of the athletic championship, it's been a really fun experience to compete against all my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed doing long jump and high jump, it was very fun and I'm glad I did championships! I am glad that we are able to do this and it was really funny watching some of the people falling!

    ReplyDelete