Pages

13 February 2014

Sixtus Lodge

Our three days at Sixtus Lodge were awesome!  During this time, we really bonded as a class through doing loads of fun, challenging activities.  Highlights included:
  • Competing in teams as part of Room 6 Survivor.  Challenges such as prone bridge, target throwing, strength, balance and brain power tested us all.
  • Building dams in the creek.
  • Catching an eel.
  • Participating in lots of different competitions, including rock tower building, balloon relays, leap frog, capture the flag, rounders, an obstacle course and human towers, were heaps of fun.
  • Activities such as our tallest tower tech challenge and bivouac building gave us an opportunity to work together and build relationships with our peers.
  • Swimming in the ice-cold water of Cone Creek.
  • Each person presented a speech and this was an awesome way to find out about the talents and hobbies of our classmates.


We did a lot of work around what it means to be a great role model.  Firstly we defined the term 'ROLE MODEL'.  Here is what Trevor and Cody came up with:


Next we worked in teams to identify the qualities of great models:


After that, we combined our ideas and created a list of nearly 40 qualities!  Then came the hard part:  narrowing the list to 26.  We discussed our ideas and opinions and debated until we finally agreed!


Please enjoy watching this short video of special moments from camp:


Now that we're back at school, one of our follow up activities is to make a display of our favourite camp photos using Comic Life.  Here are some great examples from Ffion, Victoria and Madison:

31 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this camp, because there was a lot of different activities. My favourite was the bivouac challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our camp was awesome. I loved the bit when Victoria refused to pop the ballon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed going on this camp, because I got to know my class mates and learn some new things about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved camp but I thought the funniest part was when Victoria wouldn't sit on the balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That video is sooooo funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Camp was sooo fun!! I wish we could go on camp together every week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Camp at Sixtus Lodge was so much fun and I can't wait for the next camp! It was really fun to be able to do so many different things on camp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sixtus Lodge was so much fun, I can't wait until we go to Nydia Bay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Camp was fun and gutting the eel was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sixtus Lodge was awesome! I loved all the activities that we did. It was stink that it was so short though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed the Sixtus Lodge camp, I can't wait till we have another one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Camp was awesome! We did lots of fun things like rock towers and swimming in the creek.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Room 6 your camp looks like it was amazing. What a wonderful way to kick of the new school year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Funny video Victoria. I hope this video will make you pop balloons now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Camp was really fun I can't wait to do more camps through out this year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was fun at Sixtus lodge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh come on Victoria dont be a CHICKEN!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That was so funny when Victoria couldn't pop the balloon. Very awesome and funny video.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Camp was so enjoyable I wish I could go back and do it again, but camp would have been more fun if it wasn’t raining most of the time. That balance board was really hard, but I got the gist of it by the end.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you Miss Simpson for taking the kids on another camp. The photos are so cool, and the creek looked so cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pleasure Mrs Tai. We had a great time! And yes, the water was freezing! That didn't seem to worry the kids though!

      Delete
  21. Victoria you are so funny that video makes me laugh everytime I watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sixtus Lodge was so awesome. I want to go there again!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Man, we sure had a lot of fun on camp. My favourite part was going down to the creek and finding an eel on the end of our line.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I loved camp! We did really fun activities. My favourite thing from Room 6 would be the Bug Tamer! I found it easy to find a bug, because I ran straight over to a tyre. I loved making the bivouacs too. I liked it because we got to choose where we made it. I think we did an okay job of our bivouac. I hated popping that balloon because I hate loud noises! Otherwise, I had lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  25. A huge thanks to Miss Simpson and the other parents. This camp wouldn't have happened if it weren't for you. It was really fun and I can't wait to go to Sixtus Lodge again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really enjoyed Sixtus Lodge, because I had never been there before and it was a really good experience!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You obviously had a wonderful camp at Sixtus Lodge room 6 and have learnt so much about leadership, being a role model and working together as a team. You have started the year really well and there is a great feeling in your class already. Thanks Miss Simpson.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Tickling an eel up barehanded? Legend!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looks like you had loads of fun and thank you for tiring out the kids, Hannah slept well the first night home

    ReplyDelete