Pages

13 June 2016

Tech Challenge

Today we had a Tech Challenge - the first one for ages!  The task was to build a flag pole from which we could fly the Jolly Roger.  The winner would be the team who could fly their flag from the highest point.  After splitting up into groups, we talked about a plan and then got stuck into it!  There were lots of different theories for what would make the best flagpole!  It was great to see everyone working well with their group, and doing their fair share of the work.



After construction was finished, we had to present our flagpole to the class and attach the flag.  Some worked, others didn't!

11 comments:

  1. I think we should do more of these tech challenges, we could put it into a routine for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great activity to practice those teamwork skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic problem solving Room 6! Great that you are working on different strategies to create a flag pole. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed doing this tech challenge, I wish we could do this often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed doing this tech challenge, it was a great chance to work together. I think we should do more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think when we got up to show the class our tower everyone thought it would fall over. The tower held itself up which was great because that got our team 3rd. I think that if we do the challenges more often it would be a fun and enjoyable activity

    ReplyDelete
  7. The challenge itself was pretty fun, but our flag didn't turn out the way we wanted it to! :) I'm looking forward to the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doing the tech challenge was really fun, I think my team did really well. I hope we can do more of these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a great tech challenge, I agree Willow we definitely do more tech challenges, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had so much fun doing this tech challenge, and I hope we get to do another challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you really loved it room 6 I think you should do it every day I wish I could do that but I need to wait a couple more years

    ReplyDelete