Pages

07 May 2018

Kahurangi Performing Arts Group


Today we had a visit from the Kahurangi Performing Arts Group.  This group travels the country, sharing their love of performing and Maori culture.  We were super impressed with their skills, and really enjoyed the show.

  • I enjoyed the stories, because they were interesting.  My favourite one was 'Pania Of The Reef'.  Mitchell.
  • It was funny watching Josh trying to do the moves with the taiaha.  He was shy at the start, but became more confident.  Rebecca.
  • I enjoyed the story about the woman swimming across the lake.  The way Lucky and Toots told the story was really funny.  Finlay.
  • The end part was cool, because they were awesome singers, and sang loud and proud!  I also enjoyed watching the girls do the poi.  Freda.
  • The whole show was really funny, and they were good at making the audience laugh.  Hollie.

8 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed watching their performances and when they picked three people to go on the stage and try and get a dance done. My favourite person in the group was lucky because he was really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the dance show yesterday. Lucky and Toots made the stories they told very funny. I also liked watching the girls perform with the short poi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watching the Kahurangi Performing Arts Group was really cool. I enjoyed the story telling and all the traditional dances they did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved watching the dances and songs and plays that they did I hope that they come again sometime because that was really cool when we saw all of them I wish I could do a play like that or just write one I would love that the most.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These people were very funny and so impressive. I thought it was cool how they let some boys join in and try to use the mau rakau.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed watching these guys peform they were awesome and they mad everyone laugh. I wish i was as good as them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed watching them perform.Lucky was hilarious my favorite part was watching josh trying to master the mau rakau movement I also enjoyed the haka at the end of their performance it was so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was so funny! I couldn't stop laughing! Good job Kaurangi Dane Group!

    ReplyDelete